Next: The material
This Implementation Manual is a part of the total material to implement the
SWAN wave model on your computer system. The total material consists of:
All of the material can be found on the following SWAN web page
- the SWAN source code,
- the SWAN executable(s) for Microsoft Windows,
- the User Manual,
- this Implementation Manual,
- the Technical documentation,
- the SWAN programming rules,
- utilities and
- some test cases.
On the SWAN home page,
general information is given about the functionalities, physics and limitations
of SWAN. Moreover, the modification history of SWAN is given. Finally,
information on support, links to the related web pages and various
free software are provided.
After downloading the material, you may choose between
If you want to use the SWAN executable available on the SWAN web site, please read
Chapters 5 and 7 for further information.
- direct usage of the SWAN executable for Windows and
- implementation of SWAN on your computer system.
For the purpose of implementation, you have access to the source code of SWAN and
additional files, e.g. for testing SWAN. Please read the copyright in this
manual and in the source code with respect to the terms of usage and distribution
of SWAN. You are permitted to implement SWAN on your computer system.
However, for any use of the SWAN source code in your environment, proper reference
must be made to the origin of the software.
Implementation involves the following steps:
After the last step you should have the executable SWAN ready for usage. Note
that steps 3 and 4 can be done fully automatically.
- Copying the source code from the SWAN web page to the computer system
on which you want to run SWAN.
- If necessary, applying patches for an upgrade of the source code due to
e.g., bug fixes, new features, etc.
- Making a few adaptions in installation-dependent parts of the code.
- Compiling and linking the source code to produce an executable of SWAN.
- Testing of the executable SWAN.
Next: The material
The SWAN team 2017-10-26